Current / Upcoming Events
- Body Talk HiP HoP PoW WoW Workshops
- Body Talk HiP HoP PoW WoW Culminating Performance
- Traditional Future
- Karingana Wa Karingana: Reading African Tales
- Dance! Kizomba, Semba, Life!
- 3rd Annual Sum’shathut [Sun] Festival
- A Song of Years
- 2nd Annual Sumsháthut Festival
- February Black History Month – African Connections
- Hub City Bounce Back
- Body Talk HiP HoP PoW WoW Workshop
- Body Talk HiP HoP PoW WoW Spring Break Performance
- The Sun and The Moon
- InFrinGinG Dance Festival 2022
- Lila Residency
Contemporary Dance Rooted in Maasai Dance and Music Traditions
Reading African tales and fables for kids and families!
Dance, thoughtful discussion, storytelling and more!
The Sum’shathut Festival is an Indigenous cultural festival celebrating winter solstice with song, dance, and food.
Lila is an interactive performance that was born out of play.
unmoored is a new work created by Peggy Baker and Sarah Chase, with sound design by Debashis Sinha. Peggy performs in this piece, which makes it a rare opportunity to see an exquisite performer of international repute perform a new work as she and Chase deepen the nature of their collaboration since 2004’s The Disappearance of Right and Left, upon which unmoored follows.
This autobiographical storytelling work brings Peggy’s deeply personal embodied life experience to the stage with B.C.-based Sarah Chase’s innovative solo research.