Crimson Coast Dance Society - Production Assistant
This position of Production Assistant will provide the chosen candidate with hands-on experience of developing both event production and coordination skills as it pertains to the not-for-profit, performing arts sector. The Production Assistant will gain skills in event planning and procedures in preparation for a major performing arts festival. The position requires variable hours, including weekend hours during the festival.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Production Assistant works in close partnership with the Artistic Director, General Manager, Marketing Administrator, and the Board to assist in the production of our 2019 InFrinGinG Dance Festival and Multiculturalism Day event, including pre-event publicity & marketing and post-event reporting & record keeping.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Assistant is expected to undertake:
- Front-of-house coordination, and pre/post-event coordination.
- Artist Hospitality.
- Marketing & Publicity; assisting with marketing and communication of the InFrinGinG Dance Festival; including Facebook, Instagram and other regular social media posts, compiling and sending of bi-weekly promotional e-newsletters, and coordination of outreach.
- Coordinate and manage a “Tent Museum” display on site with artifacts of various cultures represented through dance and images and items depicting the creation of the dances shown.
- Proofreading, editing, and updating event information on the organization website.
- Volunteer Coordination; assigning appropriate roles to volunteers for front-of-house, workshops, and other festival volunteer positions; keeping a record of hours and tasks completed; and maintaining relationships with all volunteers.
- Corporate Sponsor Stewardship; ensuring that all corporate sponsors receive exceptional representation during the InFrinGinG Dance Festival and that sponsorship benefits are fulfilled for all sponsors according to their respective funding levels.
- Preparation of documents in relation to the InFrinGinG Dance Festival with emphasis on adhering to our brand standards.
- Preparing registration and attendance sheets for dance classes and workshops.
- Preparing mail merge letters for bulk mailings to members and patrons.
- Post-event follow-up and reporting. Preparing reports and communications, updating our database records to reflect event attendance, tracking and final reporting of event statistics (audience attendance, workshop registrations, etc.).
- Sending out thank-you letters to stakeholders, as necessary post-festival to ensure that all statistics and information is accurately recorded for future purposes.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- The Production Assistant will use a variety of communication and contact management programs, including website maintenance, CMS database systems, mail merge procedures, and e-newsletter software.
- A strong attention to detail and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Gmail is required.
- Experience with social media sites (Facebook, Instagram), e-newsletter software such as MailChimp, and website maintenance is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, thrives in teamwork and with the ability to take directions, clear communication skills, enjoys multi-tasking, works with a positive attitude.
- This applicant must be between 15-30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment (June 10, 2019); a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred; is legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations. We regret that international students are not eligible.
- Own means of transportation is an asset.